Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sway coming up! Nervous

So I purchased a plan right after DD2 was born (I have gbg) and I am planning on starting to sway around May-ish so that’ll give me 90 days before her 1st birthday. My plan is to lose a few lbs before starting the sway so I can afford to gain a bit and stay in a healthy BMI. I purchased a meal plan which was great but I do really well with having the same thing every day. Like exactly the same thing even though I may make my family something different. Anyone else successfully swayed blue eating the same ole thing day after day? I will eat anything or cut out anything I need to I am not picky nor do I need caffeine or anything else. Other question and I know there is a thread on this… boy moms you guys tend to get your periods right in the morning, right? And also seemingly pretty soon after the birth of your last child. I’m waiting till baby is 1 but also didn’t get my period back PP with my last two until they were over a year. I don’t want to wean her I’m hoping the diet will help bring my cycle back sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's ok not to gain anything though. You can do HE Diet and hold steady where you're at, or to gain only a small amount.

I actually think that for blue, you should make some efforts to eat a variety of foods to try to keep sending that message to your body that you have a wide amount of food to choose from and to be sure you're giving your body a chance at a lot of different micronutrients. So while it may be easier to just eat one thing, that's really "girl mom" thinking and you should try to be eating lots of different things as often as you can to keep that message of "times of plenty" going!

Yes we have noticed our periods more likely to come in the morning amongst those who have more boys and mid-day to evening among those who have girls. The time it takes period to come back is more variable and often has to do more with the amount of kids we have, it seems like. But this is not a guarantee, if your period isn't coming in the morning you don't need to wait till it does as long as you're otherwise happy with your sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha! I would have loads of girls I don’t mind eating nothing till dinner and I could have the same thing every day…. Oh and live on coffee! I’m surprised I ever got a boy!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of cereal would you have as a nighttime snack for blue?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m looking at my customized plan and it’s so daunting! I’m just not used to eating like this. My hubby will be happy! I’m just so worried that I’m going to mess it up somehow!! I think from my own experience, losing a bit of weight then maintaining or gaining ( like 1-3 lbs) is really blue friendly and that would agree with the “after war boy boom” since both the moms and dads would be stressed/ losing weight then come back from war and be eating and happy again. So I think I’ll try to get my hubs to lose weight too so he’s not a hippo on the HE diet when that starts.
    Atomic, what would YOU do if this was your boy away? I read your Gimme a 5th boy post do you have any more specifics you can add? I won’t sway till April/ May but I have to get my head into boy mom mentality!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    Haha! I would have loads of girls I don’t mind eating nothing till dinner and I could have the same thing every day…. Oh and live on coffee! I’m surprised I ever got a boy!

But keep in mind we'd ALL get one of the other gender eventually! My mom ate like you did and she had mostly girls and one boy too!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of cereal would you have as a nighttime snack for blue?

Whatever kind YOU like as long as it's not one of the ones that's basically pure sugar, like rice krispies, corn flakes, corn pops, that sort of thing. Aim at stuff that sticks to your ribs a bit more!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m looking at my customized plan and it’s so daunting! I’m just not used to eating like this. My hubby will be happy! I’m just so worried that I’m going to mess it up somehow!! I think from my own experience, losing a bit of weight then maintaining or gaining ( like 1-3 lbs) is really blue friendly and that would agree with the “after war boy boom” since both the moms and dads would be stressed/ losing weight then come back from war and be eating and happy again. So I think I’ll try to get my hubs to lose weight too so he’s not a hippo on the HE diet when that starts.
    Atomic, what would YOU do if this was your boy away? I read your Gimme a 5th boy post do you have any more specifics you can add? I won’t sway till April/ May but I have to get my head into boy mom mentality!!!!

There is NO need to be daunted! Keep in mind I have to write plans (even personalized plans) with a variety of situations in mind, including everyone to people who eat a ~mostly~ blue friendly diet to start with and just need a couple of tweaks. And people want the "ideal" so that's what I give. If you already eat a super pink friendly diet, all you need to do is make SOME of the changes in the direction of blue. If you can't get to the maximum max of some of this stuff, that's TOTALLY ok! So if you're a light eater, it is absolutely fine to just aim at eating three meals a day instead of one, to aim at 80 g protein instead of 120, to have 4-5 servings of fruit and veg a day - all good! Just eat more than you have been eating recently, and when you got your girls!

Men losing a bit of weight can indeed sway blue, because men lose fat first, and preserve muscle (the jerks! ) And chubby hubbies do seem to father more girls. So as long as he doesn't lose more than say 10 lbs, it's all good, I'd not have him lose more than that tho.

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by specifics...I'd eat better, more often, have more sex (even out of the fertile window), do weight training, and take a multivitamin.

I'll give you the type of diet I ate when I got my boys but keep in mind I'm a big eater and stay relatively thin because I have a fast metabolism:

Boy 1 - I often skipped breakfast but I worked at a roast beef restaurant and I'd eat roast beef and fries and all sorts of good stuff. My hubby and I were only just then getting together so we were going out to dinner a good bit as well. I also drank scads of tea!

Boy 2 - I drank lots of milk, ate breakfast and 4 or even more times a day, drank scads of tea, ate a lot of leftover dinners for lunch, ate breakfast cereal mostly daily, eggs frequently because they were cheap, and also peanut butter sandwiches!

Boy 3 - I basically did a full on blue sway diet with him, tons of healthy food, dark choc, regular meals and snacks, eggs, full fat yogurt, ate cheese or nuts every day for breakfast with him, a bedtime snack every night, cereal, both green and black tea.

Boy 4 - I was doing more of an LE Diet, but kept taking the supplements and drinking tea.
    I a lot of lost a lot of weight but then decided to "take a month off" and then regained about three pounds and then I got him (and BTW, he's the greatest! I sometimes feel disloyal saying "here's what I did WRONG" because there is nothing wrong about him!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and with DS 1 I was walking everywhere so getting exercise but never in the "extreme cardio", was exercising with weights + walking with DS 2 (but not extreme cardio), with DS 3 I had a very physical job so getting a lot of exercise with him but it wasn't continuous, I would have a big breakfast and then a midmorning snack and then a big lunch once I got off work. I wanted to do the extreme cardio for pink with DS 4 but I wimped out!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is so true … you *eventually* get one of each! The more I read on the forum the more it clicks. Looking back I see why I had the girls and the boy. By no means do I plan on going crazy and gaining a ton of weight. I don’t mind snacking all day I just don’t like the feeling of a full belly while working at the barn, riding horses, carrying around my kids and cleaning the house. I think even blood sugar is really key so I’m going to aim for a bit of protein/carb every few hours to keep things steady.
    What do you think about just plain sprouted oats for cereal at night? With milk and berries of course.
    Do you think it would be stupid if I just start going HE then a few weeks later “not preventing” when we dtd if I haven’t had my cycle back yet? The attempts/ timing/ ovulation strips and tests - how important is all that?
    My friend has 3 girls and if I can pull a boy out of all this I could make her a believer! She would do a plan for sure. Right now very skeptical…

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast